Presentation: APPRISE – Case study of a Centre of Research Excellence with consultation requirement
Smith MZ. APPRISE: Case study of a Centre of Research Excellence with consultation requirement. 19th Australasian Research Management Society Conference 2018, Hobart, Tasmania, 18–21 September 2018.
Dr Miranda Smith presented an evaluation of the consultation process required to establish research priorities for the APPRISE Centre of Research Excellence. The presentation was delivered at the 19th Australasian Research Management Society Conference 2018 in Hobart, Tasmania from 18–21 September 2018.
The evaluation project aimed to:
- identify enablers and barriers to complex multidisciplinary research networks in public health
- better understand the benefits and limitations of the consultative model
- improve engagement
- clarify internal factors that have contributed to the success of the network
- address challenging internal issues to maximise collaboration and impact.
- The evaluation has highlighted major strengths and challenges with consultation requirement:
- strengths – network consolidation with broad stakeholders, more focus for broad research plan.
- challenges – managing expectations and diversity.
- Research was facilitated by strategic thinking and research support.
- Diversity and broad expectations pose challenges for research.