Dr Miranda Smith is an Academic Specialist providing project and strategic support to the APPRISE Executive across the research areas and cross-cutting themes. She co-ordinates APPRISE activities and facilitates stakeholder engagement.
Dr Smith has a background in laboratory research, with a PhD in immunology from The University of Melbourne, and postdoctoral experience in basic and clinical HIV research at the ETH in Zurich, Switzerland and at Monash University. She holds a Master in Public Health from Monash University, and has worked as a medical writer, including for the website hivcure.com.au.
She is passionate about evidence-based public health and is keen to see APPRISE fulfil its potential in conducting high-quality research that leads to effective public health policy.
- Learnings from the Australian first few X household transmission project for COVID-19
- Virology and immune dynamics reveal high household transmission of ancestral SARS-CoV-2 strain
- Priorities in Biobanking Research: A Report on the 2021 ISBER Round Table
- Value of consultation in establishing a public health research network: lessons from APPRISE
- Developing research priorities for Australia’s response to infectious disease emergencies
- Presentation: APPRISE – Case study of a Centre of Research Excellence with consultation requirement