Self-isolation and quarantine experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative study
Outcomes for Australia
Researchers at UNSW are conducting a project about people’s experiences of self-isolation and quarantine in Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This study is currently recruiting
The research study is looking recruit people who meet the following criteria:
- Being currently or formerly in mandated self-isolation/quarantine (either home or hotel based) in Australia in 2020
- Age of 18 years old or above
- Sufficient English language skills to conduct an interview in English
- Access to a telephone or to a device for video conferencing
Participants meeting the following criteria will be excluded from the study:
- Inability to provide informed consent
- Refusal to consent to audio recording
Participants will be asked to complete the following research activities if they agree to participate:
- An in-depth interview conduction by telephone or video conferencing, lasting an estimated 30–60 minutes
Participants will receive $100 compensation (by digital Mastercard) once they have participated in an interview.
This study has been approved by the UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee.
If you are interested in participating, please read the following downloadable documents for contact details and other information:
Please feel free to share this information with family and friends who might be interested.