Self-isolation and quarantine experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative study
- Bridget Haire
- David Hendrickx
- Jane Williams
- Angus Dawson
- John Kaldor
- Lyn Hillier
Outcomes for Australia
Researchers at UNSW are conducting a project about people’s experiences of self-isolation and quarantine in Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This study is currently recruiting
The research study is looking recruit people who meet the following criteria:
- Age 18 year old or above
- Sufficient English language skills to conduct an interview in English
- Access to a telephone or to a device for video conferencing
- Having been in mandated self-isolation/quarantine in either:
- the Melbourne high rise towers in North Melbourne that were locked down in July; OR
- the Rydges Swanston Hotel Melbourne; OR
- the Stamford Plaza Hotel Melbourne
Participants meeting the following criteria will be excluded from the study:
- Inability to provide informed consent
- Refusal to consent to audio recording
Participants will be asked to complete the following research activities if they agree to participate:
- An in-depth interview conduction by telephone or video conferencing, lasting an estimated 30-60 minutes
Participants will receive $100 compensation (by digital Mastercard) once they have participated in an interview.
Please contact the following person via email or phone to register your interest in taking part in the research:
- Cherie Bennet, Study Coordinator. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about the research please contact the following person:
- Bridget Haire, Senior Research Fellow. Phone – (02) 9385 1227; email – email@example.com
This study has been approved by the UNSW Ethics Committee, HC200275.
If you are interested in participating, please read the following downloadable documents for contact details and other information:
Please feel free to share this information with family and friends who might be interested.