CRISPER: COVID-19 Real-time Information System for Preparedness and Epidemic Response
- Ross Andrews
- Nigel Stocks
- Emma Field
- Lisa McHugh
- Luis Furuya-Kanamori
- Teresa Wozniak
- Olivia Williams
- Meru Sheel
- Charlee Law
- Nelson Lau
Outcomes for Australia
CRISPER will provide a national real-time information and visualisation system to map the spread of COVID-19 in Australia over space and time.
The system aims to:
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Australia’s response to COVID-19
- reduce the spread of misinformation.
We are now fighting two challenging battles against COVID-19 – one against the virus, and another against misinformation. For both battles, speed, efficiency, and effective visualisation of accurate information are crucial for success.
The CRISPER Australian real-time information and visualisation system (or dashboard) for COVID-19 will include linked data on cases and deaths, clusters, case investigations, risk factors, clinical presentations, laboratory results, and more.
- Develop a national real-time information and visualisation system to map the spread of COVID-19 in Australia over space and time
- Use the above information to develop automated web-based dashboards with up-to-date infographics for public health practitioners, clinicians, other decision makers, the general public, and high-risk groups (eg. elderly, aged care facilities)
- Provide evidence to support acute phase response and assess the impact of interventions
Provide data and information to support research, including modelling and clinical trials
Determine the impact of the dashboard on Australia’s preparedness and response to COVID-19