Dr Teresa Wozniak is a Research Fellow at the Menzies School of Health Research. Her research interests are in surveillance systems to inform infection prevention and control efforts and support the development of local and national treatment guidelines in northern Australia.
APPRISE Research Fellowship Project: Disease surveillance of drug resistant infections in Australia and ASEAN countries: system-level coordination and preparing the future epidemiology workforce
Teresa’s project aims to:
- expand a prototype disease surveillance platform
- foster professional development of field epidemiology training in disease surveillance locally and internationally.
- Attributable length of stay, mortality risk and costs of bacterial healthcare-associated infections in Australia: a retrospective case-cohort study
- Geospatial epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus in a tropical setting: an enabling digital surveillance platform
- Championing women working in health across regional and rural Australia – a new dual-mentorship model