Professor Kanta Subbarao is Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza. She is a collaborator on a project in the laboratory and public health pillars of APPRISE.
Professor Subbarao’s research focuses on newly emerging viral diseases of global importance including pandemic influenza, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Her work includes study of virus biology and pathogenesis, immune responses to infection and vaccination, development and preclinical and clinical evaluation of vaccines.
Read more about Professor Subbarao and her publications.
- Virology and immune dynamics reveal high household transmission of ancestral SARS-CoV-2 strain
- A point-of-care lateral flow assay for neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2
- Evaluation of 6 commercial SARS-CoV-2 serology assays detecting different antibodies for clinical testing and serosurveillance
- Temporal differences in culturable severe acute respiratory coronavirus virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts in a patient with moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Integrated immune dynamics define correlates of COVID-19 severity and antibody responses