Dr Julian Druce is an APPRISE collaborator and the Senior Medical Scientist in the Virus Identification Laboratory of the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory (VIDRL).
Find out more about Dr Druce and his key achievements and publications.
- Developing Australasia’s serological capability for viral haemorrhagic fevers
- Establishing a national biobank for COVID-19
- Human parechovirus 3 (HPeV3) recombinant strain diversity and severe disease association in Australian outbreaks
- Sentinel Travellers and Research Preparedness Platform for Emerging Infectious Disease (SETREP-ID)
- Evaluation of 6 commercial SARS-CoV-2 serology assays detecting different antibodies for clinical testing and serosurveillance
- Temporal differences in culturable severe acute respiratory coronavirus virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts in a patient with moderate coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Tracking the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia using genomics
- Isolation and rapid sharing of the 2019 novel coronavirus (SARS ‐CoV‐2) from the first patient diagnosed with COVID ‐19 in Australia
- Breadth of concomitant immune responses underpinning viral clearance and patient recovery in a non-severe case of COVID-19
- An emerging human parechovirus type 5 causing sepsis-like illness in infants in Australia
- Evolutionary analysis of human parechovirus type 3 and clinical outcomes of infection during the 2017-18 Australian epidemic