Dr James Fielding is an epidemiologist at the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory (VIDRL). He is a collaborator in the public health pillar of APPRISE.
Dr Fielding is an experienced public health practitioner with expertise in applied infectious diseases epidemiological research, surveillance and outbreak investigation. His research interests are in the epidemiology of vaccine-preventable diseases, particularly varicella-zoster virus, measles and influenza.
- Learnings from the Australian first few X household transmission project for COVID-19
- Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in standardised First Few X cases and household transmission investigations: a systematic review and meta-analysis [preprint]
- The ongoing value of first few X studies for COVID-19 in the Western Pacific Region
- Constructing an ethical framework for priority allocation of pandemic vaccines
- Optimal timing of influenza vaccine during pregnancy: A systematic review and meta‐analysis