Professor Alistair Nichol is Chair of Critical Care Medicine at University College Dublin and a collaborator on a project in the clinical and infection prevention pillar of APPRISE.
Professor Nichol has clinical and research experience of conducting clinical trials in people who are critically ill. He is a co-leader of European research looking at ways of overcoming barriers to rapid implementation of large studies in response to infectious disease emergencies (PREPARE EARL package).
- Effect of convalescent plasma on organ support–free days in critically ill patients with COVID-19. A randomized clinical trial
- Association between convalescent plasma treatment and mortality in COVID-19: a collaborative systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials
- Therapeutic anticoagulation with heparin in critically ill patients with Covid-19
- Therapeutic anticoagulation with heparin in noncritically ill patients with Covid-19
- Interleukin-6 receptor antagonists in critically ill patients with Covid-19
- Outcomes for patients with COVID‐19 admitted to Australian intensive care units during the first four months of the pandemic
- Priority needs for conducting pandemic-relevant clinical research with children in Europe: A consensus study with pediatric clinician-researchers
- Clinical research networks and assessing pandemic severity