Timely collection and sharing of data and information is critical to a rapid research response and will translate into better health for Australians during infectious diseases emergencies.
Effective health informatics and data management will help to ensure ethical and appropriate sharing of information among clinicians, health services, researchers and government health units.
Interpreting data will help effectively communication the applications of lessons learned to improve health policy.
This platform will provide skills and technology to understand:
- which information and research results should be shared and who should receive it
- how the information and research results will be shared
- how the information will assist the emergency response
- what emergency response measures are needed to decrease transmission
- which populations need targeted emergency response measures
- when emergency response measures should start and stop.