March 12, 2019
APPRISE researchers and collaborators have launched into the new year with publications covering a range of topics important to improving Australia’s response to future infectious diseases emergencies.
Topics covered included global health security, assessing pandemic severity, the impact of influenza and the management of viral spread from animals to humans (One Health).
The research papers appeared in high-impact journals PLoS ONE, BMJ Global Health, The Lancet Global Health and the Medical Journal of Australia.
A book on an innovative method using video recording of behaviour in healthcare organisations to support training for professionals includes as co-authors: APPRISE early-career researcher Dr Mary Wyer and APPRISE collaborator Dr Su-Yin Hor.
- Srinivas Murthy, Gail Carson, Peter Horby, Laura Merson, and Steve Webb. Clinical research networks and assessing pandemic severity, The Lancet Global Health 2019; 7(1), PE33. DOI: 10.1016/S2214-109X(18)30413-3
- Jessica E Lockery, Taya A Collyer, Walter P Abhayaratna, Sharyn M Fitzgerald, John J McNeil, Mark R Nelson, Suzanne G Orchard, Christopher Reid, Nigel P Stocks, Ruth E Trevaks and Robyn Woods. Recruiting general practice patients for large clinical trials: lessons from the Aspirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE) study, Med J Aust 2019; published online 28 January 2019. DOI: 10.5694/mja2.12060
- Ben J Marais, Stephanie Williams, Ailan Li, Roderico Ofrin, Angela Merianos, Joel Negin, Jenny Firman, Robin Davies and Tania Sorrell. Improving emergency preparedness and response in the Asia-Pacific, BMJ Global Health 2019; 4:e001271. DOI:10.1136/bmjgh-2018-001271
- Chris Degeling , Gwendolyn L Gilbert, Edward Annand, Melanie Taylor, Michael G. Walsh, Michael P. Ward, Andrew Wilson, Jane Johnson. Managing the risk of Hendra virus spillover in Australia using ecological approaches: A report on three community juries, PLoS ONE 2018; 13(12): e0209798. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0209798
- Rick Iedema, Katherine Carroll, Aileen Collier, Su-Yin Hor, Jessica Mesman, Mary Wyer (2019). Video-reflexive ethnography in health research and healthcare improvement. Boca Raton: CRC Press. DOI: 10.1201/9781351248013