September 24, 2019
The Australian Partnership for Preparedness Research in Infectious disease(S) Emergencies (APPRISE) is offering early-mid career researcher (EMCR) travel scholarships to support and contribute to career development-related travel.
An APPRISE EMCR Travel Scholarship can be used for:
- an international or national conference presentation
- relevant training and development opportunities
- invited presentations or visits
- other similar opportunities
The travel should align with the research activities of APPRISE, which can be found on the APPRISE website at: https://www.apprise.org.au/what-we-do/
Who is eligible?
Eligible APPRISE EMCR Travel Scholarship applicants:
- are current APPRISE Research Fellows or EMCRs working on APPRISE-related research projects led by APPRISE Chief Investigators or Associate Investigators
- can demonstrate how the conference or training opportunity will advance their career and knowledge of infectious diseases emergency preparedness and response
- are able to provide proof of pending research-related travel such as a letter of acceptance
- will have their application endorsed by an APPRISE Chief or Associate Investigator – https://www.apprise.org.au/people/people-category/research-team/
How do I apply?
Submit an online application to https://forms.gle/oaC4cvwu6hEAM5GK7 providing:
- your name, institution and contact details
- purpose of your travel and travel dates
- full budget details including:
- fees, airfares, accommodation and other travel related expenses
- secured (or applied for) travel funds from other sources
- a 100-word summary of your current APPRISE research project
- a 250-word summary of how the travel:
- assists your current and future career development
- aligns with APPRISE research activities
Also forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your one-page CV
- conference abstract (if applicable)
When do I apply?
Calls for applications will be made quarterly but may be considered at other times if applicants can justify their need. There will be two application rounds in 2019; applications for the second round of EMCR Travel Scholarships will be received between the following dates:
- 2 – 16 October 2019
Applications rounds will also occur in late January, April, July and October 2020.
How will the scholarship be awarded?
Applications will be reviewed by a review committee of APPRISE investigators and awarded on the basis of your application and CV. Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received an APPRISE Early Career Researcher Travel Scholarship.
Up to $3,000 is available to support international travel, and up to $2,000 for national travel.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
If successful, the scholarship funds can be accessed immediately by contacting Miranda Smith either to book travel in advance or for reimbursement on production of receipts. Funds must be used within six months of award.
Please contact either:
Gillian Scott (email@example.com)
Miranda Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)