July 9, 2019
APPRISE is offering early career researcher travel scholarships to support and contribute to career development-related travel.
An APPRISE Early Career Researcher Travel Scholarship can be used for:
- an international or national conference presentation
- relevant training and development opportunities
- invited presentations or visits
- other similar opportunities.
The travel should align with the research activities of APPRISE, which can be found on the APPRISE website at: https://www.apprise.org.au/what-we-do/
Who is eligible?
Eligible APPRISE Early Career Researcher Travel Scholarship applicants:
- are working on APPRISE-related research projects led by APPRISE chief investigators, associate investigators or senior researchers
- are current APPRISE PhD students or postdoctoral researchers who completed their PhD within the last five years (since January 2014)
- can demonstrate how the conference or training opportunity will advance their career and knowledge of infectious diseases emergency preparedness and response
- can provide proof of pending research-related travel such as a letter of acceptance
- are sponsored by an APPRISE Chief or Associate Investigator
How do I apply?
Submit an online application providing:
- your name, institution and contact details
- purpose of your travel and travel dates
- full budget details including:
- fees, airfares, accommodation and other travel related expenses
- secured (or applied for) travel funds from other sources
- a 100-word summary of your current APPRISE research project
- a 250-word summary of how the travel:
- assists your current and future career development
- aligns with APPRISE research activities.
Also forward to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your one-page CV
- conference abstract (if applicable).
When do I apply?
Calls for applications will be made quarterly but may be considered at other times if applicants can justify their need. There will be two application rounds in 2019; applications will be received between the following dates:
- 8 – 22 July 2019
- 2 – 16 October 2019
Applications rounds will also occur in late January, April, July and October 2020.
Download the flyer to read more about:
- How the scholarship will be awarded
- When will the scholarship be awarded
- Contact information